Discussions on the history and historiography of Australia's New England

Saturday, May 23, 2009

May Yarrowyck - an update

Back in March 2008 in Aboriginal midwife - the mystery of May Yarrowyck I wondered about the story of this Aboriginal midwife.

By the wonders of the internet, Kim found the post and left a book reference with more information. I am recording it here so that I do not lose it. The reference is:

Barbara Le Maistre with contributions from M R Hardie, Nimula, Tingha, Bullawangen : Aboriginal people and their land, NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, Hurstville, N.S.W. 1996.

There is a copy in Australia's National Library. Another book to read!

2 comments:

Kim H said...

Hi I have a photo of May Yarrowyck's grave from Bundarra Cemetery taken today..can you send me your email address and I will email it to you

Jim Belshaw said...

Hi Kim. My email is ndarala(at)optusnet(dot)com)dot)au. Jim