Discussions on the history and historiography of Australia's New England

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Volume three of Alan Atkinson's The Europeans in Australia wins the Victorian literary prize

Monday's post on my personal blog, Monday Forum - the historianswas triggered by Alan Atkinson's success in winning the Victorian prize for literature for volume three (the final volume) of  The Europeans in Australia. I was pleased. It also gave me the Monday Forum topic. Here I wrote:
All this brings me to the topic of today's Monday Forum, a break from Australian politics.
What historian do you especially like or dislike? Why are they good or bad? Do you actually read history? 
Don't limit yourself to my questions or, indeed, Australian historians. Go in whatever way you like. Tangents are welcome. I'm just interested in what you think.
Do feel free to join in.

No comments: