This page has been established to provide an entry point to posts about the Anaiwan or Nganyaywana Aboriginal peoples who occupied the southern and central areas of the New England Tablelands.
An initial list of posts follows:
- 21 January 2008. Armidale's Aborigines - a note provides two references relevant to Armidale's Aborigines.
- 7 February 2008. Anaiwan - University of New England welcome to country contains Anaiwan phrases as well as some material on the group.
- 18 February 2008. Tindale on the Anaiwan provides information on N B Tindale's perceptions of Anaiwan territory.
- 21 February 2008. Anaiwan - AIATIS collection links to references about the Anaiwan.
- 28 February 2008. Contact with Sue Hudson welcomes my contact with indigenous archaeologist Sue Hudson and sets out some ideas on the approach that might be adopted to the writing of indigenous history using the Anaiwan as an example.
- 2 March 2008. Aboriginal midwife - the mystery of May Yarrowyck calls for information about May. I am not sure whether May was Anaiwan or Kamilaroi, but I want to know about a women who trained as a nurse in the 1890s.