Discussions on the history and historiography of Australia's New England

Thursday, May 27, 2010

New England literary tradition - introduction

A post on my personal blog, Regional traditions in Australian culture, looked at regional variations in Australian culture with a special focus on New England. I said in that post:
Just at the moment I am wrestling with one of my periodic topics, the relationship between geography and life and the way we see the world. The trigger in this case is, as is often the case, my research into New England history.
This post provides an entry point into my writing with a specific focus on New England's literary tradition.

This is both fun and difficult. Fun because the writing forms part of my own world, difficult because we have only just begun to delineate the patterns of New England writing.

As I proceed, I will add linked posts below.




  

No comments: